background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

welcoming jake.

For those of you who don't know, I've become a parent. Was this planned? No. Did I think through this life-altering decision before I made it? No. Did I think about the financial implications of a child? No. Did I think about how difficult being a single mother would be? No.

Now I know how parents of human children must feel.

In fact, I kinda think people should be required to spend a significant amount of time with a furry, four-legged child before making a lifetime commitment to a human child. There's serious value to it. Puppy parent or not, I respect all parents of human babies- I can't even imagine how you do it all!

Don't worry, everyone, I bought Jake a crate. And food. Which he absolutely destroys on a daily basis. He also sprints through the apartment, sometimes barks in his sleep, has been through 3 sizes of collars, has more than doubled his body mass in his 5 short months of life, and has entered a new phase according to The Boxer Handbook: chewing.

But the sweet puplet redeems himself daily. More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Actually, isn't Jake more like four or five times his weight when you got him?! He IS a cutie!

    ReplyDelete